Baby is the size of a peach! Bigger than a large plum and growing more every day!
All that baby’s been up to this week:
– Baby’s thyroid has begun producing the hormones needed to regulate all sorts of bodily functions.
– Baby is busy developing all of the bodily systems he will need.
– Baby is producing the white blood cells he will need to stay healthy once he’s born.
– Baby’s skin is almost transparent as he still lacks the healthy fat which will give him color and keep him warm.
– Baby weighs about .81 oz this week.
– Baby’s ears are almost in position at the side of her head, but still remain a bit low.
All that’s been going on with me:
Weight gained: I don’t own a home scale anymore, so I won’t know how much I’ve gained until my midwife appointment on April 4th.
Symptoms: I’m still experiencing fatigue that I’m hoping will fade away once I enter the second trimester tomorrow. I’m also dealing with headaches. 🙁
Movement: No definite movement yet, but I swear I feel little twinges and flutters when I lay down at night.
Food Aversions: No aversions this week.
Food Cravings: Mashed potatoes and gravy is still my biggest craving. The potatoes MUST have gravy on it, or else I won’t eat it. Haha!
Sleep: I still sleep a lot, but I’m waiting for the burst of second trimester energy I talked about earlier.
Stretch Marks: None yet thankfully!
Miss Anything?: Nope. 🙂
Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: I had my NT scan this past week. Everything seemed okay, I guess. The sonographer barely spoke a word, so I’m hoping to learn more about my scan from my midwife. She always goes into detail about all of my tests.
I have a gender reveal ultrasound coming up on April 7th and a gender reveal party on the 9th. I’ve been looking into the nub theory, and it looks like we may be expecting another girl. I know to take all these theories with a grain of salt, but I’m hoping it’s right!
I also feel like my bump is poking out even more this week. My shirts are barely fitting. Lots of peekaboo belly!
Belly Button In or Out: In.
Happy or Moody Most of the Time: Moody.
New Baby Items: I purchased baby’s dresser this week! It’ll be here on Saturday. I can’t wait for it to get here so we can put it together and begin organizing baby’s clothes!
Looking Forward To: My gender reveal party!
See you at 14 weeks!