If you’re a serious blogger, you know what a media kit is. It’s basically your resume. It’s what brands and sponsors look at to determine if you are a right fit for their campaign or to represent them [for sponsored posts, ambassadorships, conferences, etc]. My first media kit is laughable at best because I did not abide by the “less is more” rule. I used my [then] signature colors of bright blue and purple. While it was organized very well, it was not visually pleasing to the target viewer. While I’m no slouch when it comes to graphic design, I needed help to create the PERFECT media kit for my blog, and that’s where Hip Media Kits came into play. She kindly sent over her media kit templates, and I was off to work the moment I downloaded them to my desktop.
There are many reasons why I not only LOVE my media kit, but I am proud of it. However, these are my top five reasons why I love my media kit.
1. It’s stylish! Hip Media Kits currently has five different media kit templates. I felt that the Turner template best suited my blog. The pastel colors complement my blog colors perfectly. There is a section for an about me snippet, social media numbers, audience demographics, services offered, what your readers love to read, and brands that you’ve worked with in the past [or are currently working with].
2. It’s completely customizable! Let’s say you wanted to switch the “topics they love to read” section with “most popular posts”. You can easily do so with this editable template. Seriously, this template was a breeze to adjust to my blog’s needs. I was able to upload a headshot and the logos of brands I’ve worked with in less than 5 seconds each. Whenever I need to update a piece of information, a number or a photo, all I have to do is pull up my updated template and edit the necessary info.
3. It’s professional! But still let’s me be true to myself. As I stated earlier, less is more, but that doesn’t mean boring. My media kit has the right amount of pastel colors that let my potential partners know that while I adore bright, girly colors, I can keep it toned down. I’m still in my early 20’s…no need to age myself…or my media kit!
4. It’s affordable! I’ve spent many years looking at the prices of media kits, and that’s also a reason why I created my first one. I couldn’t afford to spend a lot of money on blog expenses at the time. Have no fear! Hip Media Kits has wallet-friendly prices for their templates at $24.99 each, or you can purchase the templates in bulk for $87.46. $25 for a media kit template is a bargain, especially since these templates are worth every penny plus a couple thousand more.
5. It’s quick! The amount of time spent on editing the information on the template will vary depending on how much of a perfectionist you are, and if you already have a bio for yourself and your blog already written. My first template choice was not Turner, but after taking about 5-10 minutes on a Turner template, I fell in love and knew that it was a match made in blogging heaven.
So, you want one for yourself, don’t you? Well…what are you waiting for?! Head on over to Hip Media Kits to snag your own for just $24.99! Be sure to also check them out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. In addition to impressionable media kits, they have wonderful and well-written articles that can help your blog grow to it’s full potential.