Sigh…I was really hoping I didn’t have to do another one of these, but alas – here I am. Let me tell you – this cycle was the light years more emotional than the first cycle TTC (click here to learn all the trying to conceive lingo).
Cycle Two Results
[insert picture of woman crying over Aunt Flo arriving]
My period was due yesterday (11/5), and I spotted a tiny bit only once, but that was it…until this morning. AF arrived a day late. I thought there was a glimmer of hope when the spotting was short lived, but now I know better. I have to be honest. I did not handle it well. I walked out of the bathroom, told Dennis that I started my period and grabbed a box of tissues. The tears wouldn’t stop flowing. I really thought this was it.
I had cramps, sore boobs, fatigue, creamy CM, high CP for well over a week. I had everything that should have led to two pink lines, however…that didn’t happen.
Part of me feels terrible for being upset over my second cycle TTC not working out. I understand that there are ladies who spend many months and years TTC. They have to resort to medical intervention that’s not even 100% successful. I truly feel for those women.
WHAT I TRIED THIS CYCLE:
– BD as much as possible during my fertile window. Dennis left for business smack dab in the middle of my fertile window.
– OPKs. I got my positive OPK the day that Dennis left for his business trip. We BD the day before, so I thought we were covered since sperm lives 3-5 days.
WHAT I’LL TRY NEXT CYCLE:
– Temping. I really did not want to temp. I don’t wake up at the same time every day, and my daughter wakes up 1-2 times a night to wake me up to lay next to her. However, I know that it’s the only way to accurately pinpoint ovulation. OPKs only detect the LH surge, but you can have the surge without even ovulating. If I’m not ovulating, that’s something I need to get checked out ASAP. But, according to my CM, I’m sure I’m ovulating.
– More water. I did not pay the best attention to my diet and water intake this past cycle. I drank way more soda than I should have, TTC or not. I’m making it a goal of mine to drink at least 5 glasses of water a day.
– SMEP. We will be following the Sperm Meets Egg Plan.
Check out these other awesome posts!